sweet swap

The week before Christmas here in Grand Cayman kicked off with a Sweet Swap, hosted by EW, one of my coworkers. It was like a cookie exchange, except open to all kinds of goodies. We had everything from traditional gingerbread cookies to chocolate-covered red velvet cake balls to white chocolate ginger cookies.


My favorite was the chocolate-on-chocolate cake, made by CL, another coworker. I've never had such a decadent chocolate cake in my life!


With so many nationalities represented - South African, Canadian, Filipino, British, American, Scottish (did I leave anyone out?!) - there was plenty of variety to choose from.


I don't have a picture of mine, but I made chocolate peanut butter cup cookies after NS almost went broke buying them at a bake sale at work. However, I didn't get the chance to use the prescribed peanut butter chips, since I went to three different food stores before I happed upon a bag of no-name peanut butter-flavored chips. NS, who evidently is a peanut butter snob, ate one chip and said, "They're disgusting." So we just upped the chocolate chip count and moved on.


I had to get a group shot to make sure everyone got credit for their hard work. We took two sets of photos so I could get in one...




Well done, ladies! Enjoy your holidays, and your goodies!

Oh, one important disclaimer: NS made my cookies. Cause he's the best.





6 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious! Looking forward to doing some baking myself on a potential snow day tomorrow with my new French creperie pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, you are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um - your cookies were amazing. i'm stealing that recipe. cute pictures - i'm glad the group shot i took turned out ok. i miss being that tan! i have to catch up when i get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure GC would have been the place to work on your tan over the holidays - it was cold and cloudy!

    ReplyDelete