sunset at Calico Jack's

Ahhh sunsets. Can't have enough of them in your life, or on this blog. Good thing they happen every day.


We're just now getting to the point in our year where the sunset is visible from the north-facing beach outside our condo. Otherwise, we can always catch a good show at Calico Jack's at Public Beach.


Friends on hand to share our front-row seats with? The best.


While I don't really recommend Calico's food menu (fried and overpriced), they certainly do know how to put together a sunset-worthy drink.


A little while ago, a group of us from Sunrise Community Church met for a quarterly women's breakfast. This particular meeting had an artwork theme, and during the meeting everyone was asked to quickly draw/color something in nature that reminded her of God. I drew something like this:


Admittedly, my rendering of a perfect sunset did no justice to the real deal, but my point was that sunsets remind me of the faithfulness of God in my life. I depend on Him daily, knowing that He'll meet my needs in a new way every day.

another guy I depend on every day

Also, I like sunsets because watching the sun meet the horizon makes me feel like I'm on vacation. Which is slightly true at the moment, since Cayman recognizes Easter with a four-day (!) weekend.


I hope you're enjoying the holiday, whatever you have planned.


Happy Resurrection Sunday.

"He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His mouth." Isaiah 53:7 (NKJV)


"...that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3b-4 (NKJV)


"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." John 11:25 (NKJV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment